AFFILIATE MARKETING PROGRAM
What is affiliate marketing?
Affiliate marketing is a great way to generate additional income. When done correctly, an effective affiliate marketing strategy can go from side hustle to a profitable online business generating extensive passive income. With affiliate marketing, both brands and creators benefit. Brands get trusted referrals from relevant creators and access to new audiences. In turn, affiliates and creators make a commission on sales or other marketing actions resulting from the affiliate lead generated.
This complete guide will walk you through how to become an affiliate marketer who promotes Voodoo Cycle House, all products, and the Voodoo Cycle House Affiliate Marketing Referral Program. We’ll go over how to start making money immediately with affiliate marketing, online marketing tips to set up a successful affiliate program, and best practices to help you earn more money.
“I have worked with several companies over the last 12 years online. Voodoo Cycle House made it easy for me to promote their products, refer others to subscribe, and all around make money”
says marketer - Ezra Jackson.
Voodoo Cycle House Affiliate Marketing Programs work by allowing individuals or businesses (affiliates) to promote and sell products or services of Voodoo Cycle House in exchange for a commission on each sale. The affiliate earns a commission each time someone makes a purchase using one of the unique links or coupon codes provided to affiliate after joining. Voodoo Cycle House will provide affiliate with unique link and coupon codes upon joining, and may be used immediately upon receiving. The link and coupon codes will only pertain to the individual affiliate, and is how Voodoo Cycle House tracks sales generated by that specific affiliates’ sales leads. Coupon codes provided will also give affiliate a lot of advantages to help drive traffic and generate more sales. Affiliates can provide the coupon code they choose to fulfill their desired marketing strategy.
After joining all affiliates will have their own user dashboard. The dashboard contains analytics to track progress. The dashboard is how affiliates are able to view all pending and approved sales to track earnings. The user dashboard also contains a media gallery, links, and other tools to benefit the affiliate. From the dashboard affiliates can post to social media platforms sharing affiliate link, other links, coupon codes, specific products, and collections all from the user dashboard. These features save a lot of time and allows affiliate to be more productive.
Here’s how affiliate marketing works at a high level:
- An affiliate shows an ad, post, or a link for Voodoo Cycle House on their website, blog, vlog, or social network using the link or coupon codes provided by Voodoo Cycle House.
- A customer clicks the link provided or visits Voodoo Cycle House.
- The customer makes a purchase at Voodoo Cycle House using affiliate link or coupon code at check out.
- The Voodoo Cycle House network records the transaction.
- The purchase is confirmed by Voodoo Cycle House.
- The affiliate gets paid a monetary commission.
What makes Voodoo Cycle House the best choice in affiliate marketing?
For most companies commission rates for affiliate sales vary depending on the company. On the average you might earn about 5%, and some affiliate marketing programs just offer a flat rate per sale instead of a percentage. Voodoo Cycle House surpasses competitors by offering commission rates as follows:
- Cookie days - 30 days
- Commission type - Percent Of Sale
- Commission amount - 10% - 15%
- Additional terms - You will get a 10% - 15% commission on total referral sales when a customer makes a purchase through your affiliate link or uses your coupon code. Free Shipping will be automatically applied at checkout for all customers no matter which affiliate link customers click on.
Standard Affiliate Commission
You will get a 10% commission on total referral sales when a customer makes a purchase through your affiliate link or uses your coupon code. Free Shipping will be automatically applied at checkout for all customers no matter which affiliate link customers click on.
Tier II Affiliate Commission
When total monthly sales reach $45,000 - 99,999 you will get a 12% commission on total referral sales when a customer makes a purchase through your affiliate link or uses your coupon code. Free Shipping will be automatically applied at checkout for all customers no matter which affiliate link customers click on.
Tier III Affiliate Commission
When total monthly sales reach $100,000 or more you will get a 15% commission on total referral sales when a customer makes a purchase through your affiliate link or uses your coupon code. Free Shipping will be automatically applied at checkout for all customers no matter which affiliate link customers click on.
Earn Lifetime Sales Commission
A customer will automatically be connected to an affiliate once they make their first successful purchase. The affiliate will receive a lifetime commission for all purchases connected to that customer even if they don't use affiliate link or coupon codes.
Earn Lifetime Affiliate Referral Commission
Earn 5% commission on all sales generated from other people that you refer to join the Voodoo Cycle House Affiliate Marketing Program. This is a great way to earn additional commission or focus entirely on for commission pay.
John signed up as an affiliate.
John invited Michelle.
Michelle brings a referral order with the total amount of $1,000 and the standard commission rate of the program is 10%, the commission will be calculated as below:
Michelle - generates a $1,000 order with a program commission of 10%
$1,000 x 10% = $100
John gets 5% of program commission
$100 x 5% = $5
Earn Monthly Bonus Commission
For every $45,000 in total sales each month generated by an affiliate Voodoo Cycle House will give a $1,000 bonus along with total commission earnings for that month.
How Does Our Affiliate Program Compare To Others In This Industry
There’s plenty of cash in the motorcycle industry. The global market was valued at $104.1 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a CAGR of 7.4% from 2022 – 2028.
The number of publicly owned, private, and commercial motorcycles registered in the US hit 8.32 million in 2020. And while the stereotypical image of a biker is a grizzled middle-aged man covered in tattoos, bikes are also popular with younger audiences. A 2021 survey found that 13% of Americans aged 18 to 29 owned a motorcycle, compared to 15% of 30 to 49-year-olds and just 7% of 50 to 64-year-olds.
- RevZilla Affiliate Program
Commission rate: 3%
Cookie duration: 14 days
- Sixity Affiliate Program
Commission rate: 7.5% per sale
Cookie duration: 30 days
- Twisted Throttle Affiliate Program
Commission rate: 9% on all sales
Cookie duration: 30 days
- BTO Sports Affiliate Program
Commission rate: 5%
Cookie duration: 30 days
- Cycle Gear Affiliate Program
Commission rate: 4% – 7%
Cookie duration: 14 days
The Cycle Gear program pays a baseline commission of 4% per sale, climbing to:
- 5% on monthly sales of $45,00 – $89,999.99
- 6% on monthly sales of $90,000.00 – $179,999.99
- 7% on monthly sales of $180,000+
How Often Do I Get Paid?
Payments for commissions earned in prior month (or earlier) are processed on or around the 30th of each month and issued by Paypal, check, bank transfer, or store credit.
Paypal is the recommended option. This allows us to pay affiliates fast and automatically via PayPal integration. Paypal is one of the most secure ways to accept payments worldwide.
Voodoo Cycle House LLC extends all transactions for an additional month to allow for confirmation the transaction is valid, allow for any returned merchandise, confirm credit card processing and to verify the transaction is not a duplicate.
Checks will be issued for a minimum of $100. Paypal and bank transfers require a minimum of $50. Store credit can be redeemed for any amount. For totals below the threshold, we will carry over your earnings total until you reach the appropriate threshold. Earnings will then be distributed at the relevant monthly payout date.
Understanding these types of affiliate marketing arrangements can show you the different ways people make money online in the affiliate marketing field.
1. Unattached affiliate marketing
The first type of affiliate marketing is referred to as “unattached,” or when you have no authority in the niche of the product you’re advertising, and there’s no connection between you and the customer. This often involves running pay-per-click (PPC) advertising campaigns using Google Ads, Instagram, or Facebook Ads with the affiliate link or coupon codes provided and hoping people will click it, buy the product, and earn a commission. Unattached affiliate marketing is attractive because you don’t need to do any legwork. Affiliate marketing businesses rely on reputation and trust with a target audience online. Some affiliate marketers don’t have the time or desire to build those relationships, so this type of marketing is their best option.
Unattached affiliate marketing isn’t a genuine business model. This is for people who just want to generate income.
2. Related affiliate marketing
Related affiliate marketing is the practice of promoting products and services you don’t use but that are related to your niche. An affiliate marketer in this case has an audience, whether it’s through blogging, vlogging, YouTube, TikTok, or another social media channel. A related affiliate marketer also has influence, which makes them a trusted source for recommending products, even if they’ve never used them before. Related affiliate marketing can generate more affiliate income, but if you don’t have trust and transparency, it’ll be hard to build a sustainable affiliate marketing business. It only takes one bad recommendation to lose the trust of your audience.
3. Involved affiliate marketing
Involved affiliate marketing refers to only recommending products and services the affiliate marketer has used and truly believes in. Involved affiliate marketing is the ideal marketing strategy. This marketing strategy is built on trust and authenticity, which is best for your audience and business.
In this type of marketing, an affiliate marketer uses his or her influence to promote products and services that followers may actually need or desire, instead of paying to get clicks on a banner ad. It takes more time to build this type of credibility with an audience, but it’s definitely necessary for building a long term sustainable business. Involved affiliate marketing is the genuine way to become a trusted source on any topic. From our experience at Voodoo Cycle House the involved approach makes advertising much easier for affiliate marketing partners: You don’t have to hide behind expensive Pay Per Click ads and hope for clicks and sales. An organic Instagram Story or blog post about your experience with a product will go a long way. This method works well because it’s honest and is the genuine way to become a trusted source on any topic.
The affiliate marketing industry had an estimated worth of $8.2 billion in 2022, making it a popular marketing strategy for businesses. For affiliates, it’s also a low- to no-cost business venture you can profit from immensely.
Affiliate marketing pros
Easy to execute
Your side of the equation involves simply handling the digital marketing side of building audiences and selling products. You don’t have to worry about the harder tasks, like developing, supporting, shipping, or fulfilling orders.
At Voodoo Cycle House there is absolutely ZERO COST to join our affiliate program. Once you’ve done the work to build an audience, you can start making money without any investment if you choose. To get started and be successful all affiliates need after joining is the social media platforms they choose to use for building an audience and a cell phone. Overtime affiliates may wish to invest in other tools such as computers, apps, and software to be more efficient daily though not necessary. There is also no need for expenses associated with operating a website unless you are a business with its own entity. Affiliate marketing can generate relatively passive income through commission which is the ideal money-making scenario.
Ability to scale
Successful affiliate marketing offers the potential to significantly scale your earnings. You can introduce new products to your current audience and build paid ad campaigns for additional products while your existing work continues to generate affiliate revenue in the background.
Affiliate marketing cons
Affiliate marketing also has a few disadvantages compared to other types of marketing campaigns. Before jumping in, let’s look at a few challenges you’ll face on your journey to affiliate marketing success.
Affiliate marketing is not a get-rich-quick scheme. It requires time and patience to grow an audience and gain influence.
You’ll want to test different channels to see which connect best with your audience. Research the most relevant and credible products to promote. Spend time blogging, vlogging, publishing free content on social media, hosting virtual events, and doing other lead-generating activities on your marketing channels.
There’s no boss handing you a weekly paycheck as an affiliate marketer. Affiliate marketing programs work on a commission basis.
No control over program
Affiliates must obey the rules set by Voodoo Cycle House and its affiliate program. You need to follow the guidelines for what you say and how you present its products and services that will be described below. Competitor affiliates must follow the same recommendations, so you have to get creative to differentiate yourself from the others.
Affiliate marketing income spans a large spectrum. There are some affiliate marketers who make a few hundred dollars per month and others that make six figures a year. The larger your following, the more money you can make as an affiliate marketer. Being consistent and setting daily goals will go a long way.
Reports state that the average annual salary of an affiliate marketer is more than $55,000, based on over 7,000 salary profiles, with many affiliate marketers earning significantly more.
Just like running your own small business, becoming a successful affiliate takes dedication and discipline to be the most successful. Use the following step-by-step guide to start your affiliate marketing business.
The first step is figuring out the platform you want to build your audience around. Every affiliate marketer has a different approach and platform. There are many affiliate marketing ideas you can choose from based on different methods:
- Niche topic and review sites. These are sites that review products for a specific audience or compare a line of products against their competitors. This method requires you to create content related to the review space and post regularly to draw in an audience.
- Digital content. Digital content creators include bloggers, vloggers, YouTubers, and social media influencers. They create niche content that resonates with a target audience. The goal is to organically introduce niche products their audience will enjoy. This increases the chances the audience will buy and you’ll earn an affiliate commission.
- Courses, events, workshops. If you’re an educator, you can integrate affiliate partnership offers into your events, and or refer your audience to become a Voodoo Cycle House Marketing Affiliate and earn 5% commission for every sale generated by an affiliate that you recommended to join.
No matter which route you take, authenticity and audience building are the two most crucial elements for affiliate marketing. If you can’t authentically connect with your audience, chances are you won’t have great success in converting them into affiliate sales.
To pick a platform and method, ask yourself:
What platforms do you use the most?
Which platforms do you understand best?
Common platforms affiliate marketers use are:
- Blogging – Blogging is the process that implies creating articles, photos, and other forms of content and publishing them on a website. Its characteristics include informal language, a laid-back atmosphere, regular updates, life hacks, tips, and a high level of customer engagement.
- Vlogging - “Vlogging” refers to video blogging and “vlog” refers to video blog. “Vloggers” is short for video bloggers. Vloggers create and share video content online to connect with followers. Vlogging has become increasingly popular in recent years.
- Instagram – Instagram is a free photo and video sharing app available on iPhone and Android. People can upload photos or videos to their service and share them with their followers or with a select group of friends. They can also view, comment and like posts shared by their friends on Instagram.
- TikTok – TikTok is essentially a video-sharing platform that emerges off the coattails of Vine with users creating videos that combine music, special effects, stickers, text, and more.
- Facebook – The most popular social networking site, which allows anyone to share photos, comments and videos online. Creating a business page and joining/creating groups is a great way to promote your affiliate marketing business.
- Pinterest – Pinterest is a social curation website for sharing and categorizing images found online. The site is described in its own content as a visual bookmarking site.
- Twitter – Twitter's primary purpose is to connect its users and allow them to share their thoughts with their followers and others through the use of hashtags. It can be a source of news, entertainment and a marketing tool for businesses.
- Google Ads – Google Ads is a product that you can use to promote your business, help sell products or services, raise awareness, and increase traffic to your website. Google Ads accounts are managed online, so you can create and change your ad campaign at any time, including your ad text, settings, and budget.
- Pay per click ads (PPC) - PPC or pay-per-click is a type of internet marketing which involves advertisers paying a fee each time one of their ads is clicked. Simply, you only pay for advertising if your ad is actually clicked on.
- YouTube – YouTube is a video sharing service where users can watch, like, share, comment and upload their own videos.
- Phoneburner – PhoneBurner is a power dialer, or preview dialer. It dials contacts and streamlines (or automates) repetitive and time-consuming tasks to maximize the quantity and quality of live conversations. Phoneburner is for cold calling, email marketing, and voicemail marketing targeting businesses in all fields of the motorcycle industry encouraging them to shop, or become a Voodoo Cycle House Marketing Affiliate.
- Postermywall- Create promotional videos, posters, social media posts, flyers, email campaigns, menus, and more.
- Mailchimp- Mailchimp is a marketing automation and email marketing platform.
- Fiverr- Fiverr's platform connects freelancers to people or businesses looking to hire, encouraging a wide range of services in a free market.
- Freelancer- Freelancer.com is an outsource and crowd-sourced website that provides a platform for employers hiring freelancers for various jobs.
Starting with a marketing platform you’re comfortable with helps you create high-quality content. This can result in a stronger, more engaged audience you can turn into sales.
Voodoo Cycle House LLC allows all affiliates to use all logos, links, images, and videos found throughout website and all social platforms as deemed necessary.
We recommend all affiliates to follow and tag Voodoo Cycle House LLC on all social media platforms if applicable. Links to all Voodoo Cycle House social media platforms can be found by clicking the links on website or from the affiliate user dashboard. We also recommend using hashtag #voodoocyclehouse along with other hashtags in social media posts. This way Voodoo Cycle House can view posts from time to time and message you with any recommendations we deem fit to help increase post engagement. This is only one way Voodoo Cycle House offers exceptional back office support to all affiliates.
When it comes to choosing a niche, aim for something you’re passionate and knowledgeable about if possible. This helps you come across as authentic and as a trusted source of information for potential customers. It also helps you evaluate which products you want to promote.
The secret is finding untapped areas where competition isn’t as fierce—and getting in there before other people recognize it.
As you post more, you can use affiliate marketing tools like social listening, analytics, and social media insights to discover who your audience is and what they like. Remember, you’re not paid to post. Affiliate marketing is a performance-based online business. It’s important that you know your audience so well that you understand why they follow you in the first place. If you know what your audience likes, you can then leverage that knowledge, refer the best products to them, and earn more affiliate income.
To earn revenue as an affiliate marketer, your audience needs to connect with what you’re saying. The items or services you promote need to be products they genuinely want. Getting this wrong can hinder your success and diminish your credibility—as well as your audience. For example don’t promote and share Harley-Davidson parts in a Indian Motorcycle only group.
You also can take a more direct approach. Beyond just sharing your experiences, you can build trust by engaging with motorcycle enthusiast on a more personal level. If you ride motorcycles or a part of the motorcycle industry in any way this becomes a very efficient way to earn trust, because its already part of your lifestyle. If you don’t ride motorcycles or a part of the motorcycle industry then this can still apply. Participate in motorcycle events, rides, charities, and engage with potential customers. Bottled water in bulk is cheap so offering free water and a business card with your chosen coupon code will go a long way.
As you brainstorm products or browse through the Voodoo Cycle House website the most important criteria to keep in mind is that the product should be aligned with your audience, or the audience you hope to build. Ask yourself: Is it something your target audience would find valuable? Choose products that suits your audience and income goals.
Make sure the product or service you’re promoting is a fit for the platform you’re promoting it on. For example, motorcycle parts and clothing are well suited for image-heavy platforms like Instagram or Facebook etc. However, if you’re promoting more in-depth your conversion rates may be higher on longer-form platforms, like a blog or YouTube.
Affiliate marketing revenue can eventually become a form of passive income, but you still have to do some heavy lifting upfront. The following tips will help you find success with affiliate marketing much faster and efficiently.
If you’re writing a personal review, give a candid opinion based on your experience with and knowledge of the product. The more open you are, the more authentic you will be. People will be more comfortable following your advice if they feel they can trust you.
Trust is a key factor in your affiliate marketing efforts, because people need to trust you enough to act on your recommendations. The level of trust you’ll need to make affiliate sales depends on the products you’re recommending—for example, it takes more trust to be an effective affiliate for a $1,000 motorcycle wheel than it does for a $20 t-shirt.
Beyond just sharing your experiences, you can build trust by engaging with motorcycle enthusiast on a more personal level. If you ride motorcycles or a part of the motorcycle industry in any way this becomes a very efficient way to earn trust, because its already part of your lifestyle. If you don’t ride motorcycles or a part of the motorcycle industry then this can still apply. Participate in motorcycle events, rides, charities, and engage with potential customers. Bottled water in bulk is cheap so offering free water and a business card with your chosen discount code will go a long way.
While your success with affiliate marketing can depend on the overall size of your following, another way to drive traffic is by providing a tutorial on the offer.
People often perform “how to” Google searches, such as “how to save money for college” or “how to decorate a laundry room.” If you offer a tutorial that solves a searcher’s problem and clearly showcases the value of the product, your referrals will make more sense in context, and you’ll provide the customer with a stronger incentive to purchase the product you’re recommending.
An email list is a list of contacts you’ve gathered who would like to receive information from you. It’s important to build a contact list because it’s one of the best ways to connect with people outside of social media. When it comes to purchases made as a result of receiving a marketing message, email has the highest conversion rate (66%) compared to social and other marketing channels.
Gather emails from your content, then write and send a newsletter weekly or biweekly to subscribers. Affiliate marketers can send many different things to subscribers on their list:
- Social Media links to affiliate profiles and Voodoo Cycle House
- New Products
- New blog posts
- A look inside your life or business
- Entertaining stories
- Reminders and news
- Special deals
Use your email list as an opportunity to show value to subscribers. If they send you an email back, respond. Be consistent with your newsletter cadence and quality.
There’s no hard rule on how many times to send promotional emails. Just don’t send them every time you have a promo or you’ll come off as spammy and untrustworthy.
With Email marketing tools such as phoneburner or mailchimp, you can easily create, send, automate, and track email campaigns all from your admin dashboard.
If you’re promoting an offer through a blog post, research which keywords someone might use in a search engine to find an answer to a related problem. Google Ads Keyword Planner is a great tool that can help. (It’s free to use, but you’ll need to create an account.)
Depending on your offer, figure out how much energy you should invest in instructional or tutorial content, which is often a natural lead-in to someone trying a product for themselves.
For example, you could record a video of yourself using and getting the most out of a physical product or explaining the benefits of becoming a Voodoo Cycle House Marketing Affiliate. Unboxing posts are popular, so if you receive a product in the mail, document your experience opening it up.
Once you’ve written your promotional content, share it on your website or social media platforms. If you have a subscriber list, you can create an email marketing campaign.
Sometimes marketers promote their coupon codes by offering bonuses to anyone who purchases the offer. For example, you could give a free e-book you wrote to any follower who makes a purchase.
Promotions like this encourage customers to buy by sweetening the deal. They’re especially persuasive if the bonus you offer is something you normally sell, because then shoppers can see its actual dollar value right on your site or social media platforms if applicable.
Collaborations and searching for additional ways to scale even further
Rather than take the traditional affiliate route, Voodoo Cycle House Marketing Affiliates can use Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Twitter, and YouTube influencers to build awareness for products with influencer accounts. Influencer followings can range from those with a small following, or those with 100,000 plus followers. These influencers chosen should have a niche targeting those that can be beneficial to your marketing strategy for best results. The smaller the influencer following the cheaper they will be but larger followings can often yield better results. All collaborations are going to have different details, and request for services provided. Good negotiating skills will work best, and never pay someone before they perform any tasks. When they perform their requested duties always compensate them based on the terms agreed upon. The last thing you want is a post sent to their 100k plus followers saying you are not creditable and trustworthy. Remember to be creative.
For example you may wish to try these negotiating scenarios:
- Offer influencers a flat rate per post or video promoting the Voodoo Cycle House Affiliate Marketing Program or Voodoo Cycle House Products using the link or coupon code you choose.
- Offer influencers a reduced percentage per sale generated from their leads. This scenario works best when you are not actively promoting anything yourself and all marketing is outsourced solely to just them. Otherwise you will be unable to know who generated the sale to compensate the influencer accordingly. This scenario can work for product sales and affiliate referrals.
- Creating a partnership where you and the influencer promote each other in equal trade to obtain increased results in each others marketing strategies.
Earning money with the Voodoo Cycle House Affiliate Marketing Program can be a rewarding way to add a new revenue stream for a no money upfront investment. Affiliate marketing takes time, but we make generating sales quicker and easier by outlining useful practices, back office support, and providing useful tools to all affiliates. Simply dial in your strategy, and you can build a system that generates passive reliable income for many years to come. After you join visit the GUIDE SECTION in your user dashboard. There you will find a detailed video showing you step by step how to use your dashboard and its features,